My FB

Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 247- Happy Labor Day

We really enjoyed our extra day off this weekend.  Jackson helped me make banana oat chocolate chip muffins and chocolate zucchini bread.  We went grocery shopping, played lots, took some good naps, and then got to see fireworks. Everyone here is fighting a cold, but neither kid seems to be too miserable, let's hope it stays that way.

Jackson is talking so much these days and he's a riot.  His word of the week is either, he rarely uses it correctly, but frequently ends his sentences with either.  Today I was sitting on the couch feeding Vivienne after playing with Jackson in the playroom, he comes stomping in and yells in his most demanding voice "come back mama- now!" I told him he needed to ask nicely and that he'd have to wait until I was done feeding the baby.  He gave me a dirty look and says "make Jackson grumpy."  He's too funny. 

Vivienne is starting to make some forward progress, though it's a lot of work and very little progress, it's progress nonetheless and she's very proud of herself when she can get to the toy I set out for her. 

Both kids really enjoyed the fireworks, I'm glad the heavy rain held off long enough for us to watch them.  I hope you all had a great labor day too!

Tasting the bananas as he mashes them 
Mash mash mash 
stir stir stir 
mix mix mix- banana muffins are hard work! 
Attached to mama- how she spent most of the morning 
my 4 legged babies who aren't in many pictures because they spend most of the day hiding for the 2 legged babies 
Mmmm muffin 
hopping like a bunny with Vivienne's bunny ears on  
muffins and mouse- perfect combo 
nap time! 
Both of them woke up happy! 
Vivienne knocked him down 
Where's Jackson?  
I got the book mama 
Now I must rest to gather strength for the next 2 inches 
Reading Brown Bear 
Walking the train tracks, looking for trains 
Waiting for fireworks 
The leaf fell off the tree, Jackson tried to give it back to the tree and was quite disappointed when the tree wouldn't take it back 
Playing with Dada 
Getting ready for fireworks 
Waiting with Mama 
Now she feels better, it was getting chilly 
Loving the fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment