My FB

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day 255- National Hunting and Fishing Days

We had a blast today at National Hunting and Fishing days.  It was neat to see Jackson there now that he is old enough to interact with the exhibits.  Vivienne just enjoyed being outside and getting all of the attention.  The day started out rough and we didn't make it there until 1:00.  Vivienne was very clingy and it took forever to get everyone fed, cleaned up, dressed, and out the door.  Once we got there, I had brought food from Sheetz to eat for lunch.  Jackson gobbled up his hotdogs and yogurt and then puked it all up. "Don't worry- I'm alright" he told Dada though.  Fortunately, I'm an over-packer and had a change of clothes.  We got him all changed and cleaned up and he had a great day.  He wouldn't eat dinner though so we'll see if he's okay tomorrow.

The kids got to see native fish, pet a black snake, touch animal pelts from around here, learn about turkey calls, animal tracks, trapping, and saw a shooting exhibition.  The weather was beautiful.  With as much fun as we all had today, we're worn out, so tomorrow will be a very low key day.
 Looking at the big tank
I see fish 
Vivienne knows she is way cooler than the fish 
Petting the snake 
I like this one 
Catching fish 
"I want to catch the dead one" yes he really said that and yes there were really dead fish in there 
Petting the skunk 
 Vivienne's turn to pet
Trying the eat leaves 
Painting his green fish 
I did a green one! 
Relaxing and playing trains while I make dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment