My FB

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 249- Bruises For Everyone!

Well, we've had an eventful evening.  I"m ready for today to be over!  I forgot all of their stuff in my car this morning, so that's 2 meals and 16 oz of milk down the drain :(  Then I was sitting on the couch cuddling a very separation anxiety stressed baby (I cannot leave her sight at home) and Jackson decided to Superman on us.  His cheek collided with her head and bam- a bruised toddler and 2 crying babies. Then we survived dinner and got everything cleaned up.  Jackson decided he was going to run and hide rather than come to his room to get ready for bathtime, so I got Vivienne ready and set her in the bathtub with a toy (no water of course) and chased him down.  This is not something abnormal, she usually does fine- not today, today she decided she wanted to try and crawl, instead she face planted and now she has a big goose egg over her head. So once again I have to explain my bruises to Brenda in the morning (which I think I do just because I'm a mandated reporter and know the danger of unexplained bruising).

The evening wasn't a complete disaster.  One really sweet moment was when I had just finished cleaning up dinner and Jackson and Vivienne were playing in the kitchen with his trains.  I left to go get their laundry to start and, of course, Vivienne started to cry.  I came back to her smiling with Jackson sitting and playing with her and her three favorite toys that he went and got for her.  Despite his rough housing, he is a great big brother.

Holding on for a ride 
 Sister's revenge
Cuddle time with Joe 
After dinner playtime  
 Excited that she hooked Koko to James
Happy sister after getting her toys from Jackson 
Happy to be hanging with Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment