My FB

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 178-Park

I remembered why we don't go to City Park when I took him today.  It's so frustrating because there is a lot he can do there, but the trashy people, the cussing, the screaming at kids, the smoking, the out of control kids, etc makes it not so much fun.  Fortunately, Jackson was pretty oblivious to all of this, but poor Vivienne was so quiet and shocked by all of it.  Fortunately, she was hanging in the Ergo and felt safe, but she didn't smile the whole time we were there.  Maybe she could feel my tension.  Jackson has a big bruise on his forehead from getting kicked in the face by a kid who wasn't paying attention, but was climbing on top of the tunnel on the 2-5 year old play area :(  He didn't even cry and I saw the contact, but since he didn't react I didn't think he got hurt.  So frustrating.  Oh well, Third Ward playground is nice and Jenning's new pre-school play are is great for him too, I think we'll head there tomorrow.
I'm pretty proud of myself tonight.  I had both kids, in bed and asleep, garbage out, rooms picked up, floor swept, dishes done, and diapers in the washing machine by 9:10.  Thank you Lion King.  Since I got all of that done today, we can spend extra time at the playground tomorrow.

I realized today that I'm treating Vivienne much more like a baby longer than I did with Jackson.  She has a much cuddlier personality, so it's easier to see her as a baby than it was with him at this age.  It's crazy how different they are!
 Cuddle nap, my favorite time of day
Playing on the train slide 
weeeee 
Mama, why do all the people here suck? Take me back to my sheltered playground 
Train's turn 
 He was too scared to go down this slide, but had fun playing in it
 Loving her jumparoo
Screeching! 
Silly mama

No comments:

Post a Comment