My FB

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 92- Adventures in Shopping

Since I live in the middle of nowhere- I've been eager to get Easter basket shopping, summer clothes shopping, and just all around basic Target goodness shopping.  This is the first weekend in a long time that we've had free and I decided to go and get that all done.  Russell had outside work to do, so that left me with both kids and a trip to Clarksburg/Bridgeport.  I'll tell you I must have been crazy- and though I was completely frazzled by the time I got home, I managed to get everything except the Easter bunny visit done.  I'm sure I was quite the sight with Jackson in the Ergo on my back and Vivienne in the Moby on the front to get the mall shopping done.  Then I was able to move Jackson to the cart for Target.  Vivienne had a massive poo (which was contained entirely by her diaper and cover- yay cloth!) and she puked/spit up on me 2x.  Yay for experience telling me to pack extra shirts for me. While we were at McDonald's play place burning off some energy a little boy helped himself to my drink and some food so that was a bust.  Our last stop was Kohls and Jackson decided that his best friend in the world was a pair of Dora the Explorer PJs which he refused to leave (the one store I let him walk in) and continued to run back anytime I turned to look at clothes.  He finally conceded that we could go when I told him I'd get him some Elmo PJs to take home.  I'm all for free exploration, but buying my son pink Dora PJs was just a little more than I could do.
I had cookies left from McDonald's and gave Jackson one for the trip home because really, he was pretty darn well behaved.  He fell asleep 2 minutes into the trip and got chocolate everywhere!
I had the camera with me today, but never really got a chance to take any pictures.  So just a couple today and I hope I gave you some funny mental images of my frazzled self wearing 2 kids with a double diaper bag trying to shop :)

Sad because he couldn't play with the big kids 
He liked to lean against this saying "woah" until he fell 
 He followed me around the house with Elmo dancing, it was pretty entertaining
The monster face keeps coming out 
Loving on Elmo 
 Happy to not be in a car seat or carrier
Happy chunk :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment