My FB

Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 93- Mom's night out

I got my first two real "breaks" since Vivienne joined us.  Patricia and Candy took the kids for a couple of hours this morning so that I was able to get this month's groceries bought and put away.  (Exciting use of my time, I know) but it was awesome going to different stores and not getting them in and out of car seats.  Then we came home, had lunch, and did naps.  By the time Jackson woke up, Vivienne had just fallen asleep.  We got to cuddle for a little and then Russell came home so I could go to dinner and a meeting.  It was nice to eat without having to stand and rock or nurse.  As much as I love my kids these little breaks make me feel human again- not just a mom/maid/nurse/cook.
We are also excited because Jackson and Vivienne got a new cousin today!  My brother and his wife welcomed a beautiful baby boy- we are very excited for them and their journey into parenthood.  We have to wait until June to meet him, but there will be lots of family there and we are really looking forward to it.

Since I was kid free most of the day, there aren't many pictures- but I only have one quick errand to run tomorrow so I'm thinking we can head to the playground for some fun as long as we can beat the storms.
Jackson decided since I wasn't wearing my flip flops, Elmo needed them 
Elmo also got the special seat- he's moving up in our house.  Leaving the kids in Dad's hands for a few hours 
Daddy didn't put my skirt down Mama or fix my leggings- rompers and sleepers from now on :)  
Pizza night! 
 cheese : D
Just relaxing whith my clothes all a mess 
Mama's home to chat with!

No comments:

Post a Comment