My FB

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 52- Happy Fat Tuesday

We had a very productive Fat Tuesday here, though much, much different from the one in New Orleans.  Jackson went to Brenda's and got to play with all of his friends- she had a full house today.  Vivienne and I got our grocery shopping done for the week, though we'll have to go back because Kroger sold out of the milk on sale.  Then we came home and did dishes, washed all the wool, folded and stuffed diapers, swept the floor, and picked up Jackson's toys.  We got thank you notes addressed and in the mail and then enjoyed some time watching Law and Order: SVU.  Then she joined her brother at Brenda's while I got to enjoy a little "me time" and went to school to do Zumba.  I'm really enjoying it and hope to continue it once the program at school is over.  When we got home we actually had a decently relaxed evening, except for Jackson's kicking and hitting while on the changing table.  It took me 35 minutes to put a diaper and pjs on him because of time outs.  I don't get what he enjoys out of it, but it's really starting to drive me crazy.  Other than that his behavior and aggression has been improving.  Hopefully, he'll get the idea that he can play quicker if he doesn't kick me every time I try to put a diaper on him.

Tomorrow starts Lent.  I have decided to give up 2 things and add 2 things to my life.  Hopefully these will all become habits over the next 8 weeks and they'll continue on throughout the year.  I'm posting on here to make myself accountable- so help me out!
I'm giving up chocolate and soda- both totally unhealthy habits that only got worse when I got pregnant with Vivienne.
The two things I'd like to do is workout, even if it's just taking the kids for a walk, 5 days a week and start back to church with the kids.  I'm hoping to start by taking Vivienne to mass tomorrow night.  It's too late for Jackson, but Vivienne should be up for it.  Then the three of us can go to Saturday evening mass since we'll be headed to Pittsburgh on Sunday.

So Elkins friends if you see me with chocolate or soda- get on me.  Catholic Elkins friends- remind me that I need to get my butt and my kids to church :)

Share your Lent goals with me and I'll help keep you accountable too!

Jackson telling me how it is 
Someone was happy with the change to ravoli for dinner since I forgot to lay out chicken last night 
Happy babies 
Jackson had to check on Vivienne- she started to make noise 
Sleeping during Jackson's breathing treatment- he made sure she had her dog

No comments:

Post a Comment