My FB

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day 60- Happy Leap Day

It's 9:30- both babies are asleep, the laundry is done, the dishes are done, the house is picked up.  I feel really accomplished today.  We had a fun day together and this evening was the smoothest night routine that we've done yet.  I hope we get it down pat before I have to go back to work.  Jackson is starting to understand clean up and will help me put his toys and books away at the end of the night.  He really enjoyed breakfast this morning and drank the syrup right out of his dipping cup lol.  He asked to have Vivienne sit with him on the couch today and has started to say "mmmmmmm good" whenever he likes something.  I love that he's getting so much better at communicating.  Vivienne is having more and more alert time, which is nice to see.  She hung out in the bouncy seat while Jackson and I played for 15 minutes today.  I've found now that when I see her tired signs I can put her in the moby and she'll take a great nap while I get things done.  This is a big difference from Jackson who I had to nurse to sleep.  I'm hoping this means she'll transition to naps on her own more easily than he did.
We didn't have the beautiful weather I hoped for, but we enjoyed watching and listening to the rain and thunderstorms all day.  We all stayed in our PJs until after lunch and enjoyed the spring like weather.  I was planning on doing some leap day activities today, but just never found any ones that Jackson would enjoy so we made play doh instead- he picked out the color, red like "la la" (Elmo).  I'm hoping to get some things from school tomorrow so we can celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday on Friday.

Yes- all that shine is syrup  
You want my last bite of waffle mama?  
Sleeping in the moby 
 I let her head bust out since Jackson was sleeping and we were relaxing
Looking out the window from her Joe Dog pillow 
most patient dog ever 
He carried that ball around and chased it for over an hour today 
What are you talking about?  
Jackson's version of hugs 
Jackson's version of kisses 
He wanted to share his green smoothie with her, mama had to intervene 
He was learning spanish and calling her nana (hermana)- one smart kid! 
He cleared out the toy box because the two chairs we have for him weren't good enough-- at least he helped me pick up!

No comments:

Post a Comment