My FB

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 140- Strawberry Festival

We had a really fun day today and the sun wore us out.  Both kids are in bed and I'm looking forward to some quiet reading time as I wait on laundry.  The parade was fun and Jackson loved seeing the cars and characters the most.  Though he spent a lot of time hanging out on the sidewalk eating candy and snacks.  He got a stuffed animal (one of the floats was handing them out) and he loved it right away.  Vivienne napped through half of the parade and the fire truck at the very end woke her up.  Fortunately, I was able to calm her down pretty quickly.  After the parade we went and got strawberry shortcake and homemade ice cream, which is always one of my favorite parts of strawberry festival.  Then we headed back to our car through campus and discovered the water fountain, which is new to me.  There was a little boy Jackson's age playing in it and after a little convincing, Russell agreed to stop so that Jackson, Vivienne, and I could cool off in the water too.  Jackson had a blast. He kept running around screaming "wawa, wawa", laughing, and splashing.  We decided to stop at good old Sam's Pizza on the way home where Jackson stuffed himself with cheese sticks, pepperoni, olives, and pudding.  He fell asleep wearing his favorite monkey hat on the way home.  The weather was awesome- I don't think we could have asked for a better day!  Sorry the pictures are out of order- I had some upload issues tonight!
 This is what I found when I got out of the shower this morning- I guess he wanted to be the baby this morning
 Cuddle time with the babies
Jackson was in a very huggy mood today 
Hanging out in the shade 
Hanging out waiting on his ice cream and strawberries
Getting wet :)  
 Getting ready for the parade, in the shade
I told him he couldn't go on the street- so he toes the line 

"no mama" 
 Hanging out ready to go
 I don't even remember what he was pouting about here, I know it lasted less than 30 seconds
Did you see the horses?  
 Woah!
 Nap time because sleeping during bands, speakers, and horns is much easier than in our quiet house
 Walking back, Vivienne was tired of the Ergo, so it was Jackson's turn- I love how versatile this thing is
Running around the water 
Happy toddler 
Pure joy

The water felt awesome 
Jackson insisted I go in with him and kept dragging us back- Vivienne was less than impressed 
Wawa! 
You wish you had style as cool as his

No comments:

Post a Comment